Tuesday, August 7, 2012

And sometimes life kicks you in the ass...

So this is an update with more personal that professional things.

First on the professional front -- I got a request from an agent for the first fifty pages of my novel and a full synopsis. So that's good! They take 4-6 weeks for reply, I'm within the 6 week mark... and I am hopeful for a response of some kind soon. Maybe. Please?



On a personal note my writing has been completely lax, but I do have a couple reasons. Firstly, I am recovering from a horrible case of adult chickenpox -- which is truly as horrible as everyone claims it to be. It's taken me three weeks to feel human again. Secondly at the beginning of July my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, and she will be starting Chemo soon. I am extremely close with my mother, have been all my life, and this has been a huge blow.

The doctors are optimistic about the outcome with the Chemo, so that's good. Still it's scary and upsetting and has given me little time to focus on the getting published thing.

So that is the state of the Mad Writer.... I am assuming updates will be few and far between (as if they weren't already), but I have started a Twitter account because I'm obviously insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment